Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One of oh so many pet peeves

I was watching the Golden Globes - half heartedly as I had to do some work at the same time. Anyway I was kind of thrown off with the format, the way the presenters described the roles, the rapid fire announcing. I'm sure I missed a lot from running in and out of the room, getting kids to bed, getting things ready for school, going to the bathroom - you know stuff. But I was in the room when Mickey Rourke won. Now let me say that I am not one to (admit to) judge or criticize so I will just go on record to say I just ask why? And here is the why of why... why do people let their hair hang in their faces when they are speaking/singing/having a discussion/presenting/accepting an award/whatever????? (Had to use multiple question marks to represent my curiosity and disdain. You understand.)

I have seen it way to many times - hair hanging in the face, in the eyes, in the mouth. People... first it looks stupid (don't tell my kids I used the s word). How can you honestly see? Really? It has to be distracting. You do not look mysterious. You are not hiding. You simply look moronic. Is there some movie or fad people follow to make them do this? Are English Sheepdogs influencing style now?

Please - use a headband/barrette/clip/ponytail holder/tiara/cap/staple/tape whatever is needed to get your hair out of your face. Doesn't have to be fancy. Heck you aren't doing anything now so anything would be a step above.

I thank you.

Now what did Mickey win for anyway? Oh yeah some hairbag role. Figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment